In this video, sports scientist, John Lythe, shows how you can create 4 dynamic Excel charts in 10 minutes.
Or watch on YouTube: Make Four Dynamic Excel Charts in 10 Minutes
Here’s what I posted recently:
- Monitor multiple pivot table reports with a diagnostic display that highlights problem filters
- Automatically refresh a pivot table with a few lines of code
- For a humorous peek at what other people are saying about spreadsheets, read the latest collection of Excel tweets, on my Excel Theatre blog.
Other Excel Articles
Here are a few of the Excel articles that I read recently, that you might find useful:
- Last Friday, October 17th, was Spreadsheet Day, and the 35th anniversary of the VisiCalc ship date.
- In honour of Spreadsheet Day, The Mirror listed the 5 worst spreadsheet mistakes ever.
- In a very short video, Sara Silverstein, from Business Insider, shows how to run a multiple regression in Excel and actually understand the results. Even if you’re not a statistics pro, it’s worth watching.
- If there's anything that you need to know about arrays in VBA, you'll find it in snb's latest article. If it’s not in this extensive list, you probably don’t need to know it!
- On Twitter, Ken Puls shared a link to this useful page on what's new in Power BI from Microsoft.
- Bill Jelen has a theory about why more of the Excel world hasn't adopted PowerPivot. Are you using it yet?
- Winston Snyder wrote some code to find the first and last used cells on a worksheet, and outlines the steps he went through to get there.
- David Kandie shows how to show 3 sets of data in one chart, using different scales.
- Erik Svensen explains how to clean data with the new functions in Excel 2013.
Here are some upcoming events, courses, recently published books, and other new items, related to Excel.
|Mynda Treacy’s Excel Dashboard course is open for registration only until this Thursday, Oct. 23rd.
I highly recommend this online course, which has excellent content, and great student support from Mynda.
BONUS: If you sign up for the course through this link, you can have a copy of any one of my Contextures Products.
When you sign up, type DebraD in the Code box, and email me your receipt number.
|Excel University Volume 3 - Excel Training for CPAs and Accounting Professionals, by Jeff Lenning, CPA
“This volume covers PivotTable basics and a comparison between formula-based and PivotTable reports…Explores options to replace formula-based reports with PivotTables when appropriate…Efficient ways to get data into workbooks, summarize it graphically with PivotCharts and other Excel features.
Excel Sumo -- The sporting contest of Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets, Formula and Add-Ins
Enter your best Excel solution in the Excel Sumo tournament by Nov 3, 2014. Free registration - read the details here
There are four categories of Excel Sumo for your submission (you can choose multiple).
|Excel VBA for Financials, 2-day course led by Excel experts, Jan Karel Pieterse and Tony de Jonker
This Dutch course is specifically aimed at the Finance professional. It has no frills, and no technical mumbo-jumbo – just the VBA you need to achieve more success in your daily job.
Date: November 19 and December 3, 2014
Location: Utrecht (Netherlands)
Share Your Events and Articles
If you read or wrote any other interesting Excel articles recently, or have upcoming Excel events, please share a link in the comments below, with a brief description. Thanks!
Links to Recent Excel Books on Amazon.com