The Power Map feature was improved last month, and this short video shows some of the things you can do with custom maps in Excel.
Or watch on YouTube: 6 Cool Ways To Use Custom Maps in Power Map
Here’s what I posted recently:
- I finally solved an Advanced Filter problem that occurred when running an Excel 2013 macro
- My list of pivot table intro and resource links has been updated
- For a humorous peek at what other people are saying about spreadsheets, read the latest collection of Excel tweets, on my Excel Theatre blog.
Other Excel Articles
Here are a few of the Excel articles that I read recently, that you might find useful:
- Chandoo created an interactive chart to compare the top 100 cities from 2 time periods, from his website visitor data. Is your city in the list? Mine is!
- If you read Abbott Katz’s previous article about pivot table grouping problems, you’ll be interested in the follow-up post.
- Christy Perry shows how to format numbers and dates within a formula, and there is a handy table of available formats.
- Bill Jelen says Excel will calculate faster if you use a laser printer. If that’s not in your budget, he has a workaround too..
- Have you ever wanted to change the Excel icon? Christos Samaras has a couple of macros that will do that for you.
- If you use PowerShell, Allen White shares his technique for automatically updating an Excel dashboard.
- Paul Turley uses VBA and a Power Pivot table to show comments in a pivot table
- Microsoft’s James Marshall gives a quick tutorial on creating custom maps with Excel and Power Map.
Here are some upcoming events, courses, recently published books, and other new items, related to Excel.
|Mynda Treacy’s Excel Dashboard course is open for registration, and you will save 20% if you sign up by this Thursday, Oct. 16th.
I highly recommend this online course, which has excellent content, and great student support from Mynda.
BONUS: If you sign up for the course through this link, you can have a copy of any one of my Contextures Products.
When you sign up, type DebraD in the Code box, and email me your receipt number.
|Excel VBA for Financials, 2-day course led by Excel experts, Jan Karel Pieterse and Tony de Jonker
This Dutch course is specifically aimed at the Finance professional. It has no frills, and no technical mumbo-jumbo – just the VBA you need to achieve more success in your daily job.
Date: November 19 and December 3, 2014
Location: Utrecht (Netherlands)
Share Your Events and Articles
If you read or wrote any other interesting Excel articles recently, or have upcoming Excel events, please share a link in the comments below, with a brief description. Thanks!
Links to Recent Excel Books on Amazon.com